Ready Set Go!
Enhance your energy levels, mental performance, immunity and protect your body against stress.
Compiled by ANNELIE SMITH (RD) BSC MED HON CLIN DIET
What are the benefits of taking this herb as a supplement?
- Enhances physical and mental performance
- Shorten recovery from mental and physical stress
- Increase energy levels.
Help normalize normal body functions. (e.g. can help with over and under active thyroid, over and under active production of hormones such as insulin, help normalize a overactive immune system in auto-immune disease such as Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis etc.)
- Fight against ageing, heart disease, diabetes and cancer
- Reduce toxins in the body.
- Will help with weight loss
Rhodiola is an Arctic Herb which grows under extreme conditions in places like Siberia
It was first used by soldiers during the “Cold War” to survive in extreme conditions
The Root of Rhodiola Rosea contains 6 Bioactive compounds:
Phenylpropanoids (rosavin, rosin, rosarin), Penylethanol derivates (salidorside, tyrosol), Flavonoids, rhodiolin, rodionn, etc,
Nonoterpines, rosiridol, rosaridin,
-Unfortunately as the demand for the herb is quite high and it is an expensive ingredient, some companies began substituting other plants in products touted as Rhodiola . The true herbal product must contain Rosavin, Rosin and Rosarin which is unique to this plant.
Functions of the bioactive ingredients:
Rhodiola act as an “Adaptogen” which have the following qualities:
Provids resistance against :
Harmful Biological compounds (viruses & bacteria) and physical stress (heat, cold, exercion)
“Normalizing action” to organs such as thyroid, pancreas and hormone producing organs (endocrine system, adrenal glands)
Without any side effects
It improves the body’s immune defenses by:
Fighting bacteria, viruses and Cancer producing cells
Protects DNA with
Rhodiola helps to normalize immune system which helps for both over active immune systems like an auto-immune disease and under active immune system as in HIV etc.
Rhodiola R. Is Recommended for rapid recovery from stress
Guards against release of excessive stress hormones
- Enhance body’s response system to stress
- Increase stress resistance
- Exercise stress
- Extreme weather conditions
- Physical stress
- Emotional stress
- Toxic chemicals (medicine)
- Sleep deprivation
Improves Energy Levels
- Maintain healthy function of cell
- Improve cellular energy production (ATP)
- Protect mitochondria (cellular components for generating energy)
- Increase substances necessary for repair
- Protect against damage by improving cell efficiency
- Improve cell communication
- Protects membranes against damage
- Reduces insulin resistance
- Reduce inflammation
Brain function and Mood stabalizer
- Stimulates production of neurotransmitters for optimal brain function
- Normalize serotonin which affects mood
- “Switches” on reticular activating system which “wakes up” the brain.
- Calms emotions while stimulating intellect.
- Protects the brain against ageing: enhance memory, attention, concentration, nd intellectual performance
- Enhance heart function
- Slows heart rate
- May reduce blood pressure
NUTRILITE™ FIT H²O™ Mandarin Orange Fitness Water
NUTRILITE™ FIT H²O™ is a low kilojoule, low carbohydrate, delicious way to add flavor to any standard size bottle of water. NUTRILITE™ FIT H²O™ fits your life. It’s an easy way to add powerful antioxidant protection to your day without adding the kilojoules and carbohydrates found in many other fitness waters.
Antioxidant protection that helps fight the free radicals you may encounter everyday: pollution, poor diet, exercise and excess stress. Just one powerful stick pack added to any standard size bottle of water provides an antioxidant rich formula. The convenient 180 gram pouch fits perfectly into your purse, backpack, briefcase or gym bag.
20 sticks R255.00
(makes 20 x 500ml drinks)
NUTRILITE™ STRIVE™ is an experiential, rehydration drink for active people. Ready, set, GO! This stick pack Nutrilite STRIVE –Hypotonic sportts drink
- When mixed with water, this product is intended to provide benefits of either a hypotonic or isotonic rehydration* drink, depending on the amount of water added (add 400 ml for an isotonic drink, add over 400-500ml for a hypotonic drink).
- The product helps to replace electrolytes, sodium and potassium, lost through sweat during exercise. Electrolytes enhance the taste and facilitate absorption of fluids contributing to a more complete rehydration.
- A blend of carbohydrates (sucrose, maltodextrin, and fructose) in a 6% carbohydrate solution allows rapid fluid replacement, reduces perception of fatigue, increases time to fatigue, and contributes to improved performance.
- Red Orange Complex™ (ROC) has been shown in clinical studies to reduce oxidative stress brought on by physical activity. Oxidative stress may lead to decreased physical performance and muscle fatigue.