Nutrition and wellness
Introduction to Basic Nutrition and how it affects “wellness” What are your relationships with food and how can you change it? Interactive session to assess each persons requirements and how it needs to be addressed.
Weight management (half day)
• Factors that influence energy balance: hormones, chemicals, metabolism.
• Mind and body connection: Why is it difficult to follow a “diet”?
• How to plan a weight loss diet.
• What to do to maintain weight loss.
• How to prevent and treat the following chronic lifestyle illness through correct nutrition:
» High blood pressure and hypertension
» Heart disease
» Digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome
• Maintaining optimum nutrition for optimum energy levels